The Modular Home Building Council is one of the six building systems councils offered by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). The building systems of the NAHB include modular, panelized, concrete, log and timber frame homes. The Modular Home Building Council is dedicated to the specific practice of building one or more sections of a home in a factory, then transporting and installing it on a permanent foundation at a home site. Its members include manufacturers, builders and suppliers of modular homes and modular home materials.
What are the benefits?
The NAHB’S Building Systems Council prides itself on distributing hundreds of consumer leads to its members each year through the council’s e-brochures. They also host industry-specific events such as the Building Systems Housing Summit and Building Systems Lounge at the International Builders’ Show which offer great opportunities to meet face to face with fellow corporate leaders.
The Building Systems Council’s nationwide builder roster is an online resource available to members. It can be used to find experienced industry workers or to promote yourself and find more work. Each BSC builder member is reviewed by the council’s board of trustees before joining.
Nationwide Marketing Exposure
Reach markets nationwide with access to the NAHB Council Directories, consumer education initiatives like National Building Systems Week and peer-to-peer recognition through the BSC Jerry Rouleau Awards for Excellence in Marketing and Home Design.
How do I join?
In order to become a member of the Modular Home Building Council, you must first become a member of the National Association of Home Builders.
- Visit the National Association of Home Builders
- Click Join Now in the top right corner of the home page.
- Type in your zip code to find your local association and click Search.
- You will be directed to a page that will allow you to choose from the following industry professions:
- Associate - $721 Annually
- Remodeler - $1012 Annually
- Builder - Price Range: $1016 - $5480 Annually
- Developer - Price Range: $1166 - $1562 Annually
- Select the profession that you most identify with, then enter your name, business name and email address. Click Next once completed.
- You will be directed to an online application. Fill out all the required fields, then click Pay Now.
You are now a member of the NAHB, but you still have a few steps to take to become a member of the Modular Home Building Council.
- Go back to the NAHB home page and click, Shop in the top right corner of the screen.
- Find Building Systems Councils Builder Membership: NAHB Members Only in the list of products for purchase.
- Add it to your cart and check out.
That’s it! You are now a member of the NAHB’s Building Systems Council which will give you access to the Modular Home Building Council specifically.
The Modular Home Building Council considers itself the voice of the modular construction industry and is dedicated to promoting the benefits of systems-built construction to consumers and builders. Becoming a member is a great way to stay connected in the modular home industry. It is important to note that it can become very pricey, especially for newer professionals so be sure to consider your budget before applying for membership.
As the demand for modular homes increases, a greater number of trade professionals who are adept at building the homes, preparing the site and maintaining the structure will be needed. Learn more about modular homes and if this is an untapped market that will grow your business.
At trades.org we want your business to succeed, grow and support your family. We’ll help you make sense of the requirements to become a contractor or subcontractor for building modular homes and establish a marketing plan so you find the perfect customers for your skill set. Find out how we help your business grow, establish a stellar reputation and hone your marketing strategies.