Facebook page posts are a great way to engage your audience. They can be used to serve many purposes such as entertain, inform, encourage your audience think in a way they haven’t before or provide value to their lives. Whatever it is that you decide to post, you must be sure that it is content that your audience enjoys. Creating a content calendar of post ideas can be very overwhelming. Here is a list of Facebook post ideas that will help get you started.
User-generated content is widely seen as the most authentic type of online content. It has great selling-power as users tend to trust and respond to this type of content more than others. You can find and use user-generated content by adding client photos, testimonials and reviews or by directly sharing posts from other users online.
One of the best ways to get clicks and generate traffic to your website is by promoting your blog posts and articles. You or your content writer has already put in the effort to produce these posts, so it only makes sense that you get extra use out of them by sharing them on Facebook. In sharing your blog posts on Facebook, it is important to offer a little more information than just the title and link. Consider using one of the following text options when you share your blog posts:
- Provide a quick summary of the post (why should your audience read it?).
- Give a sneak-peek (ex. “Social media is one of the best marketing tactics for small businesses! Click to see the other 9! (You won’t believe #7!)”).
- Feature a quote from the post or article.
The idea is to make your Facebook audience feel like there is a human behind the account sharing the post and not an automated system.
Images and Information About Your Events
Company events are exciting and worth sharing. Posting about your events on Facebook is a sure way to encourage awareness, registration and attendance for your events while simultaneously increasing engagement on your page. Different ways to share event information include:
- Links to your Facebook event information/description
- Links to registration or pre-registration
- Images/videos with behind-the-scenes content of you preparing before the event
- Updates, images, and live streaming as it’s happening
- Pictures and text recaps after the event is over
Relevant Industry News
It is always a good idea to share news that is relevant in your industry. It does not have to be written by you or be about you. In fact, sometimes it is better if it is not. The goal is to engage your audience in a conversation about things that may affect them. Keeping up to date with industry news and informing your followers will help you gain credibility and establish expertise within your field.
Stories About Your Business
People that follow your business account want to know more about you and see your personal side. Stories can be powerful because they stick with people more than random facts. Posts that share your business story include:
- Announcements and what led your business to that decision/development/change
- Content featuring new hires or employee stories
- Stories that show your business’ social missions
Behind-the-scenes content is very popular on social media. It provides your audience with an exclusive inside look at your business operations. Social media thrives on the illusion of authenticity and transparency which makes this a great tactic to increase engagement.
Great ideas of behind-the-scenes content include:
- Videos or images showing a project at different stages of completion
- A tour of your new office or employee only areas
- Content featuring office events, like company parties or employee training.
You can never go wrong with seasonal content. You can share information about special holiday promotions and discounts. On the other hand, you may also just want to wish everyone a good holiday. A post as simple as “Happy First Day of Summer” can go a long way. Take advantage of fun holidays as well such as International Coffee Day.
Remind your followers of important projects of maintenance that should be done this time of year. Feature the flowers and trees that should be planted in the spring or what should be done to prepare your furnace for cold temperatures.
People tend to give their unsolicited opinions on a regular basis anyway, so actually asking your audience for their input will drive a lot of engagement to your page. Not to mention they may give good feedback that is insightful and useful for you to grow as a business. You may also consider using polls to gain audience feedback as well. Users love polls because they can quickly provide their opinion without much effort. Keep in mind that all your questions and polls do not have to be serious with any motive other than driving engagement. Some of your questions may be fun and light-hearted.
Examples of questions to ask include:
- Which one of our new services are you most excited about?
- What do you like to do on your day off?
- What is your Thanksgiving Tradition?
- Which new paint color is your favorite?
Contests & Giveaways
Who doesn’t love free stuff? Social media contest giveaways are proven to be a super effective way to generate more leads and increase engagement. In addition to the high level of engagement, you will also be able to get a ton of posts out of just one contest. It also can result in a lot of new followers for your social media accounts.
Your contest posts should consist of the following information:
- Announcements of the contest, reminding your audience to stay tuned for details
- An announcement the day the contest begins, including prize information
- Frequent reminders for the duration of the contest with urgent copy like “Enter now!” and “Only 3 days left”
- An announcement once the contest is over, announcing the winners and thanking everyone for participating
Constantly thinking of new content ideas for your Facebook page can be very difficult. Keeping these few go-to ideas on hand can help make the process a bit easier. In order to ensure that you don’t run out of ideas, be sure to always have a queue of post ideas lined up. Take the time to store extra social media content such as flyers, photos and videos that you can post at any time you are at a loss.
Facebook is an essential social media site for your business. With the large number of users, your presence there will help potential customers find you, become exited about your work and hire you. At trades.org we know that social media can be confusing and overwhelming. We can help you craft a profile that attracts your ideal customer and shows your skills. Let our team work for your team on social sites so you can spend your time doing what you do best.