If you’re a parent who suddenly just added “teacher” to your resume, then you’re not alone. We’ve all been forced inside as a result of COVID-19, and many of our children are there with us. If you have to keep working, you’re probably in the market for a tutor. So where do you begin? Luckily, we’ve collected some of the best sites and resources for you:
- Parents.com offers this helpful guide on how you should find a tutor, under any circumstance. If you want to get one through your child’s school, they should explain the process. If you decide to look online, Parents.com will show you how you can search for some in your area. This post will be helpful for you, even when schools reopen and life is back to normal.
- Chegg is a top-recommendation for any parent looking to find an online tutor for their child. Their services are offered 24/7, and all Chegg tutors are required to have previous tutoring experience or a degree from a four-year university. Users pay $6.95/lesson for one talk with a tutor, or $30/month for an hour-long session with a whiteboard.
- Princeton Review is another great online tutoring site that has a variety of tutors and subject areas. While many lessons are geared towards higher education or older students, there are classes for students as young as kindergarten. Their rates start at $39.99 per month for one-hour monthly sessions.
- Wyzant will also provide you with a variety of tutors, except you can also search for in-person tutoring. Here, parents can compare tutor qualifications and students can engage in one-on-one sessions through a digital classroom that comes with a video chat and interactive whiteboard. Prices vary depending on the tutor, although they usually average at $35-60 per hour.
- Skooli is free to sign up with no subscriptions or monthly payments. You only pay for the time that you use. It is geared on answering any specific questions a student may have, and it will direct you to someone who may know the answer. Skooli is available as a mobile app, and also offers SAT/ACT prep. Their rates start at $0.82 per minute with a 15-minute minimum.
Parenting and teaching are two of the most difficult jobs in the world. Take the load off your shoulders by checking out any of these services and signing up!
At trades.org we provide you with all the support you need to make the best decisions for you and your family. We want to see you succeed in business and in life. Join now to access all our services including educational materials and support for self-employed trade workers.