Technology can greatly help you manage your business. When it come to accounting, there are software programs that are easy to use and help keep your budget in check. These programs can make filing your taxes easier, keep track to past due invoices, and calculate payroll. Finding an accounting program that suits your business will cut down on the amount of time you spend on these tasks and provide you with a paper trail for all your money.
These are some of the most popular accounting programs for the construction industry:
- Quickbooks is a perennial favorite of small business owners. It organizes all of your financial information in one place. In the program, you can batch invoices, track employee hours, send reminders, turn invoices into estimates, and more. You can choose to add Intuit Field Service Management to your package for easy access to your financial information anywhere. Quickbooks Online Advanced is perfect for the construction industry with plans starting at $75/ month.
- Knowify is built specifically to meet the needs of commercial subcontractors and residential remodelers. Its job costing tool effectively estimates your costs on a project and allows you to turn that into a bid. You will be able to track working time, submit expenses, and communicate with others on the project right from the app. Plus, it syncs seamlessly with Quickbooks for an all-in-one way to track your business needs. Knowify plans start at $54/ month.
- Houzz Pro is a full suite of business software for remodeling and design professionals. Besides offering guidance for marketing, workflow, and project management, Houzz Pro can handle all of your financial demands. Send invoices to clients, accept online payments, schedule regular invoicing, and track your time and expenses with this program. Houzz Pro integrates with Quickbooks for seamlessly handling all of your financial needs. Plans start at $49/ month.
- Deltek + ComputerEase is an all-in-one program for the construction industry. It includes accounting, project management, and communications solutions. It also helps manage payroll and tax requirements. Any reports that you will need for projects, taxes, and more can be generated in the program.
- Jonas Enterprise has different programs for contractors, home builders, trade professionals and specialty contractors. The software includes accounting capabilities as well as job costing, reporting, and document management. The accounting programs manage invoicing, payroll, union reporting, and more. You have the ability to build the program to exactly suit your needs with Jonas.
There are many choices for accounting services for businesses of all sizes. Determine what your pain points are for managing the financial side of your business, and choose a software that addresses those needs directly. Many of these services are all-in-one programs that can help with multiple aspects of your business. Most also have customer service representatives that can help you set up the software, so it serves you and becomes easy and intuitive to use.