As a business owner, you should always be looking for ways to promote your services. No matter how skilled you are, expanding your client base is the key to reaching new potential. You can’t rely on word-of-mouth alone to carry your services to the next level. You have to advertise, and you have to do it aggressively.
Fortunately, there are more resources than ever to advertise your business, but which is the best one to use?
We summarized the best ways to advertise your business here:
Build a website.
Every tradesperson should have a clean, understandable website that showcases their work. Make sure you include a variety of things like photos and videos to show potential clients your work. If you’re busy managing a business, then you want to find the most streamlined way of getting up on the web, and there are services for that. Squarespace is a user-friendly platform that can get your site up and running within a few hours.
Advertise on Google.
Once you’ve created your stunning new website, you want to make sure people find it. Google is the best way to do that, as the world’s most popular search engine. There are an average of over 60,000 Google searches every second of every day, and you want to be included in those results.
Google offers two key services for your business: Google My Business and Google Adwords.
- Google My Business creates an easily-accessible profile for your business that features a summary of your contact information, media, hours, and reviews. Setting up a Google My Business account is completely free to use, and is useful when you’re looking to connect with potential clients who are in your area.
- Google Adwords is a marketplace for companies to buy ads to get at the top of Google search results. For any guidance on Google Adwords, check out this useful guide from media marketing guru, Neil Patel.
**Use social media. ** Social media is one of the main drivers of consumer traffic today, and it’s vital that you have your business on at least one social media platform. There are many options to choose from when it comes to social media. Our three recommendations are Facebook, Instagram and Twitter:
- Facebook is the world’s most popular social media platform, and offers you advertising through both its business accounts and Facebook Ads, which are paid advertisements on the site that you can purchase. Users can also digitally recommend your services and share your Facebook page with their friends.
- Instagram is better for reaching younger consumers, especially if you have a good amount of visual content to showcase. You can link your Instagram account to your Facebook page, which will help you save time when posting content across social media channels.
- Twitter is best if you’re running a smaller operation, but should only be done after you’ve made a Facebook account. Twitter is focused more on connecting with niche groups, and expanding your voice as a brand.
Email marketing is a great tool.
Email marketing is another reliable way to stay in constant communication with potential clients, and building an email list is crucial to establishing a robust clientele. This all begins with “opt-in” email marketing, which means the process of sending emails to the people that have chosen to receive them. It’s inexpensive, helps you gather a list of reliable clients, and is a great opportunity for you to highlight your work.
The best way to market your business with emails is through an email automation service, which will help you build email templates that can be sent out to your entire client base simultaneously.
Don’t underestimate on-the-ground marketing. You can never forget about quality advertising the old-fashioned way. Sometimes the digital space can be so saturated with content, that you’ll be a standout if you are active in handing out business cards or putting up flyers around your neighborhood. If you have the money, you might want to make the investment for a billboard or larger advertisement. For most contractors who want to focus on a certain neighborhood, however, it’s best to cover a particular area in many forms of advertisement rather than over-investing in one large piece of advertising. ー
Many of these advertising tools are free, and designed to be as user-friendly as possible. There are also thousands of guides available online that will walk you through the process of advertising your business. What’s important is that you have a service to offer others, and they should know that!